By popular demand, we are back for Take 2!
Q300 and NYChessKids are excited to invite you to our 2nd “virtual home” tournament.
- Date: Sunday June 7 (10am start).
- Format: Swiss, 4 Rounds, G/25 + 5s.
- Entry Fee: $0.
- Schedule: Rounds at 10am, 11:15am, 12:30pm, 1:45pm, followed by awards on Zoom.
- Sections: Open, K-12 U1300, K-8 U900, K-6 U500, K-5 Novice, Parents/Family.
- Winners: Top 10 players + Top 3 school teams (3 scores) in each section will be recognized. (Note: LiChess doesn’t prohibit teammates from playing one another).
- Registration Deadline: Saturday 6/6 12pm.
- The tournament will be played using the LiChess Swiss Tournament option (no more API tokens). Each section will have its own dedicated link / event page.
- You must be a member of the NYChessKids team to participate – please join: https://lichess.org/team/nychesskids. Note: this step is needed since LiChess only allows intra-team Swiss tournaments. We are not planning to sell you anything. Please feel free to leave the team as soon as the tournament is over, but if you want to stay, you are more than welcome.
- On Saturday at 12pm, you will receive an e-mail with the event link to join.
- On Sunday at 9am, the Zoom room opens. Come in for any questions or just to hang out.
- On Sunday at 10am, the games will start automatically. All players must be logged into LiChess and ready to go.
- Note on Cheating: It is very important that you watch your kids. Cheating is a very common problem for internet chess, and LiChess is especially good at catching it. We have 0 tolerance – any players caught will be removed from the tournament and permanently banned.
- Fun Side of Things: Starting at 9am on Sunday, we will be running a Zoom conference together with world class IM and NYChessKids owner Saudin Robovic. The link will be emailed to you on Saturday. Participants can join before the event, between rounds and afterwards for that elusive feeling of connection to everyone else. And we’ll do a virtual award ceremony at the end.
Please contact us if you have any questions.