Starting in Fall 2019, we are pleased to offer you a valuable learning opportunity. Coach Saudin Robovic and the NYChessKids team have put together an Online Video Lesson Curriculum.
How does it work?
- Each lesson is a video curated by a coach (usually Saudin).
- The lessons are organized by playing level: Beginner 1 and 2, Intermediate 1 and 2, Advanced, and Chess Team. (‘Chess Team’ videos are still a work in progress).
- The presenter takes the viewers through a demo, which usually includes puzzle exercises.
- When presented with a puzzle, the viewer should press ‘pause’ and try to solve it, before hearing the solution.
- You do not have to finish a lesson in one sitting. If you have 15-20 minutes free, work through part of a lesson, and pick up where you left off next time.
- Most of the lessons come bundled with a “puzzle set” on LiChess, which can be accessed and solved independently.
Please contact us to request the password. Put your child’s name and Q300 grade in the comments.