Q300 and NYChessKids invite you back for the 4th edition of our “virtual home” tournament.
- Date: Sunday September 13 (10AM start).
- Format: LiChess Swiss, 4 Rounds.
- Entry Fee: $0.
- Sections / Time Control:
- Open, K-12 U1300, K-8 U900, Parents/Family: G/25 + 5s
- K-6 U500, K-5 Novice: G/15 + 5s
- Winners: Top 10 players + Top 3 teams (3 scores) in each section will be recognized.
- Note: LiChess doesn’t prohibit teammates from playing one another)
- Registration Deadline: Saturday 9/12 12PM.
- Saturday 2PM: participants will receive e-mail with the check-in link. Please check in on Saturday, or you may miss round 1.
- Sunday 9AM: Zoom conference opens (see below).
- Game Schedule (K-6 Under 500, K-5 Novice):
- Round 1: 10:00AM
- Round 2: 10:50AM
- Round 3: 11:40AM
- Round 4: 12:30PM
- Awards (Zoom): starting at 12:45PM
- Game Schedule (K-12 Open, K-12 Under 1300, K-8 Under 900, Parents/Family):
- Round 1: 10:00AM
- Round 2: 11:10AM
- Round 3: 12:20PM
- Round 4: 1:30PM
- Awards (Zoom): starting at 1:45PM
- Note on Cheating: It is very important that you watch your kids. Cheating is a very common problem for internet chess, and LiChess is especially good at catching it. We have 0 tolerance – any players caught will be removed from the tournament and permanently banned.
- Zoom: We will be running a Zoom “tournament hall” conference on game day. The link will be emailed to participants on Saturday. Feel free to login as early as 9AM, and stay connected throughout. We’ll use the Zoom for many different things:
- Tech support and Q&A
- Select game reviews by world class IM Saudin Robovic
- Opening ceremony around 9:45AM
- Award ceremonies
- “Tell us about yourself” – at various points, we will take volunteers to introduce themselves, their school, their favorite chess player, basically – just have a conversation!
- Misc Notes:
- You must be a member of the “Q300 Home Tournaments” team to participate – please join: https://lichess.org/team/q300-home-tournaments. Note: this step is needed since LiChess only allows intra-team Swiss tournaments. We are not going to sell you anything.
- A Live Standings page will be linked here the day of the tournament. It will show real player names, individual and team standings, and ongoing LiChess game links.
Please email us (Q300ChessTeam AT gmail DOT com) if you have any questions.
Links to our past events:
- April 26: Final Standings
- June 7: Final Standings
- July 12: Final Standings