UPDATE: follow the challenge live on the Standings Page. You can still sign up – fill out the registration form at the bottom of this page. Late joiners will appear in the standings, but are not eligible for the free entry prizes.
We are excited to announce the first ever school-wide puzzle challenge!
The kids have one month to solve puzzles on LiChess, with an opportunity to earn REAL prizes.
Our goal is to help the kids prepare for upcoming City and State tournaments, by igniting a team wave of ‘quality-meets-quantity’ puzzle activity, which will elevate tactical chess vision and overall level of play.
Complete at least 200 puzzles in one month while maintaining an equal or greater puzzle rating.
THE PRIZE OPTIONS
- Everyone who completes the challenge will receive free entry to Tournament of Choice – Cities or States:
- The challenge starts on December 25, 2019 at 12pm.
- The challenge ends on January 25, 2020 at 12pm.
- Between start and end dates, the student must complete at least 200 LiChess training puzzles while maintaining equal or greater puzzle rating.
- Note: puzzles can vary in terms of available +/- puzzle rating impact.
- Note: puzzles increase in difficulty as rating increases and vice versa.
- These are ‘best move’ puzzles. Sometimes patience = accuracy.
- When the challenge is achieved for 1 day, the prize is ‘locked’ or guaranteed.
- Before the start date (12/25), the LiChess account must show at least 30 puzzles completed.
- To be eligible, complete the form at the bottom of this page by 9pm on December 22, 2019.
- Parents may participate but are not eligible for a prize.
Comment: This is a good faith offer/incentive from Q3CT with very REAL prizes. We expect an honor system in return. No tech or human help, just solo student vs. puzzle.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL PARTICIPANTS!
Q3CT Parent Leads
- To create a LiChess account, click here.
- To read more about LiChess ratings, click here.
- To access puzzles, go to “Learn -> Puzzles” in web version, or “Learn -> Training” in app version.
- To see the number of puzzles you solved, as well as the real-time results, see the Standings page.
- Winners will be announced (along with any ‘special mention stats’) at our February 9 home tournament. All students/parents who solved at least 200 puzzles will be recognized.
TO PARTICIPATE, PLEASE FILL OUT THE FOLLOWING FORM